Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend Recap: Shopping, Gym and TV.

I love the weekend.  The only obvious problem is that two days fly by way too fast and it seems that nothing ever gets done (even though some of it really does)!

Friday night I spent a good hour and a half moseying around Hobby Lobby.  I picked up some decor items for my office and the kitchen.  I also grabbed some items for a DIY project that will definitely be making an appearance on the blog once I get it all figured out!

We wrapped up the night with some Korean food (Nick's choice... he's obsessed with kimichi).  It was pretty tasty, minus the little dried fish that came as one of the side dishes.  It gave me horrific flashbacks to my second host mom trying to feed me some as a "snack" in Korea.  *shudder*

Saturday we woke up super bright and early to head to the DMV to change our addresses on each of our DL's.  I had to take a new photo for mine... luckily I was prepared and I hope the photo turned out okay.  We will see in 7-10 business days!

I am just now realizing that I should have taken photos on Saturday because we ended up doing a ton of stuff!  After the DMV, we headed to Lowes for plants and paint... followed by Starbucks to fuel up for the rest of the day.  We popped into Pier 1 and they seriously have some of the most awesome home items ever.  I am definitely going to have to save up and drop a lot of money there on house goodies soon!

I had really been wanting to go antiquing for awhile so we stopped into an antique mall... in the ghetto.  We got lost in there for about 2 hours.  They had super neat stuff, but a lot of it was overpriced.  The mall was our next stop because I needed to get two of my Tiffany's pieces cleaned.  Did you know that they charge $15/piece?  That is absolutely insane!  I ended up just buying a polishing cloth from them and doing it myself.  The results were fantastic and I can continue to use it.

And we did pop into a few other stores before going to "linner" at our favorite Italian restaurant.  So delicious!  Then finally... after eating way too many carbs, we joined a gym!  It's pretty much essential that Nick stays in shape for his future, possible, job.  I hate the gym, but I'm sure I'll learn to love it once I start seeing the results.  We ended up going for a session that night and getting back into the swing of things is rough...


That brings us to Sunday!  We woke up early again (so much for sleeping in on weekends) and went to the gym for 1.5 hours!  I was dead tired afterward... not even the coffee, fruit and eggs we had for breakfast helped.  I have been in a tired, sore haze all day.  I've caught up on this season of The Secret Life of the American Teenager (I hope the shows writers know that teens don't really live like that...) and then I left the house to do a little summer shopping (I only ended up with a new dress, cardigan and sports bra).

Now it's time for Sunday night TV shows (Game of Thrones, Amazing Race and Mad Men).  Again, sorry for the lack of photos... I'll try harder next weekend!

0 comments:

hi there!

hi there!
i'm angelica. a twenty something, newly engaged, lover of literature and coffee.
   
Powered by Blogger.

grab a button, share the love.

ebates

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Followers

Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin